Mac|Life Presents: Apple@Work
Author/Title/Publisher: Future US, Inc.
Subject area(s): Computing Productivity in the Mac environment
Type of resource: Tips and assistance for people who use Apple computing products
- Thought leadership = 2
- Content is mostly advertorial, displaying apps, giving tips to help users, and laid out for quick perusal.
- Accessibility of the material = 3
- The magazine is colorful and easy on the eyes. Information is displayed well. Related websites are easy to find. The lack of an on-line or digital version sticks out for lack of interactivity.
- Mix of theory and practice = 3
- Practice, practice, practice. Not every periodical has to tell us "why" but the deficit is that the reader can't click to access the materials they've just been reading.
- Look and feel = 5
- Looks like a hybrid of a professional journal and magazine, heft and texture is that of a journal.
- Engagement of the audience = 3
- This is laid out for skimming and catching your eye for products/services you might want to purchase. The result is that little serious reading and learning takes place.
$10 per issue is a lot to pay for information available and far more interactive via a web search engine. A better use of the money is simply to get a Mac|Life subscription, or better yet, use Flipboard or similar to make sure you are seeing the latest information.